Maharashtra Assembly elections 2019: 43.78 pc recorded till 5 PM
By NDTV 21-Oct-2019
- Maharashtra votes today to elect the next government in the state.
- The voter turnout till 3 pm was only 34.2 per cent, significantly down when compared to the turnout till 3 pm in 2014.
- For the 288-member Maharashtra Assembly, the BJP and Shiv Sena are contesting in an alliance, while the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party or NCP are contesting together in the other big alliance.
- The Maharashtra Assembly election is due as the incumbent Devendra Fadnavis-led Bharatiya Janata Party in the state has completed its 5-year term, and the next government in the state must be elected and sworn in by November 9.
- This is the first state election, or assembly election after this year's national election, which the Bharatiya Janata Party or BJP won by a landslide.
Also Read:43.78 pc voter turnout till 3 pm in Maharashtra
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know