43.78 pc voter turnout till 3 pm in Maharashtra
- The voter turnout for Maharashtra Assembly constituency stood at 43.78 per cent till 3 pm, as per the Election Commission (EC).
- The polling for 90 Assembly seats of Haryana and 288 seats of Maharashtra started at 7 am and will continue till 6 pm. The counting of votes will take place on October 24.
- In Maharashtra, BJP is contesting in alliance with Shiv Sena. Congress is contesting the polls in alliance with Nationalist Congress Party.
- Among the most prominent candidates in Maharashtra are Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, and his predecessors from the Congress -- Ashok Chavan (Bhokar in Nanded district), and Prithviraj Chavan.
- Union Minister and Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale expressed confidence over the BJP-Shiv Sena-RPI alliance and said that they will win around 230-240 seats.
Also Read: National media has discovered every region of Maharashtrat except Mumbai