President's Rule Imposed in Maharashtra
- Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari had recommended imposition of President's rule in the state, which has been approved by the President.
- However, the option of forming a govt is not over yet and these parties have to convince the governor that they have a majority figure.
- Even after this, it will depend on the Governor whether he invites the parties to form the govt after removing President's rule from the state.
Also Read: PMO Issued Orders to State Govt to Submit Reports on Corrupt Officers
- Let us tell you that the government in Maharashtra cannot be formed because BJP and Shiv Sena were not ready to settle on the chief ministerial post.
- Despite the invitation of Governor Koshiyari to form the government in Maharashtra, both BJP and Shiv Sena failed to get the support