39.58 per cent polling recorded at both states by 3 pm
- While Haryana saw a turnout of 39.58 per cent by 3 pm, Maharashtra was No.2 with a turnout of 31.49 per cent.
- Voting for the assembly polls in Haryana is underways for 90 assembly seats.
- This time the recently-formed Jannayak Janta Party has also emerged as a key player over the 3-fold contest of BJP, Congress, and INLD.
- The result for the Haryana election will be declared three days after voting day - on October 24.
- The next government in the state must be elected and sworn in by November 2, when the current term ends.
ALSO READ: Why Haryana unlikely to be cakewalk for mighty BJP