Centre Willing to Hand Over 200 Square Metre For Construction of Guru Ravidas temple
- The Centre told the SC that it is willing to hand over 200 sq m area to a committee of devotees for construction of Guru Ravidas temple in south Delhi.
- The SC bench took on record the offer made by Attorney General KK Venugopal and asked parties seeking construction of a temple to submit objections.
- Venugopal said he had held consultation with all parties and Centre has agreed to give the same piece of land considering sensitivity and faith of devotees for the site.
Also Read: BJP and AAP assured all possible help to Delhi’s Valmiki community
- The top court on Oct 4, had asked the parties involved in a plea seeking permission to rebuild the Guru Ravidas temple.
- The temple was demolished by the DDA following the court's direction, which had led to massive outcry and protests in the national capital.