Stalin claims victory on Railway exams issue
By The Hindu 10-Sep-2019
- DMK president M.K. Stalin claimed victory by announcing the approval of conducting General Departmental Competitive Examinations in local and regional languages.
- In a tweet Mr. Stalin said, “The announcement is a victory to the DMK’s efforts. The DMK will continue its fight for the Tamil language.”
- Earlier in the day, 26 MPs from Tamil Nadu had a meeting with the General Manager of Southern Railway in connection with projects in the Chennai and Salem divisions.
- Their proposal was to conduct competitive exams of Railways in all regional languages besides English.
- DMK Member of Parliament Tamizhachi Thangapandian told mediapersons, "We have also been insisting that people from Tamil Nadu should get preference for Railway jobs in the State.”
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know