Andhra CM Jagan launches the mega scheme to revamp govt schools in the state
- Andhra Pradesh Government has launched a scheme named 'Mana Badi Nadu Nedu' (our school then and now).
- Under the scheme, 45,000 government-run schools will undergo a complete makeover in the next three years.
- Government schools in Andhra Pradesh will get a face-lift with the state government's programme providing better infrastructure and amenities of about Rs 12,000 crore.
- Programme was launched by CM Jagan Mohan Reddy at Ongole on Children's Day.
- It is focusing on nine parameters including, provision of lights, fans, blackboards, furniture and compound walls, construction of toilets, repairs and painting of classrooms, providing safe drinking water and provision for English labs.