DMK chief MK Stalin assumes general secretary powers, strengthens the position
By New Indian Express 11-Nov-2019
- DMK chief MK Stalin has reportedly strengthened his position by assuming the powers of the general secretary at DMK’s general body meeting in Chennai.
- The party’s general secretary, K Anbazhagan, is 97 years old and has been bedridden for 20 months now.
- The decision is taken, as party bylaws talk about the president to assume powers of the general secretary if the latter is unable to discharge his or her duties for a long period of time.
- It is believed that he will exercise these powers until a full-time general secretary is elected.
- The position of general secretary is a key post as per the DMK constitution, all party announcements are made by the general secretary with his or her approval.
ALSO READ: Rajinikanth’s ‘vacuum’ jibe invites stinging AIADMK counterattack
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know