TMC Refuses RS Committee Chair, Dubs it as “crumbs of tokenism”
By Times Of India 04-Nov-2019
- TMC has refused to accept the chairmanship of the RS Committee on Papers Laid on the Table, dubbing it “crumbs of tokenism”.
- The party’s RS leader, Derek O’Brien, rejected the position in a letter to the Rajya Sabha secretary on Friday.
- The letter read “It would not be out of context to mention (that) many major established parliamentary conventions and precedents have not been followed in the last few months.
Also Read: WB Govt to Implement Social Security Scheme for Media Personnel
- Derek questioned, “Is this how our founding fathers envisaged our parliamentary democracy?
- His response comes in the wake of a letter sent by the RS secretary to TMC, seeking nominations for the COPLOT chairmanship.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know