Legal rights group threatens to move HC over destruction of place of worship
By Northeast News 08-Oct-2019
- The Legal Rights Observatory (LRO) has written to East Khasi Hills administration in Meghalaya.
- They were seeking action against the culprits involved in the destruction of Niam Khasi place of worship at Khongthong village.
- The LRO has threatened to move to Meghalaya HC if no action is taken against the perpetrators at the earliest.
- LRO in an email sent to the DC and the SP of East Khasi Hills district has urged to ‘immediately act, arrest and prosecute the culprits who vandalized the Holy Place of worship’.
- The organisation had earlier alleged that the incident took place in the presence of police but they did not try to stop the attack.
ALSO READ: Will the dream for “Cabinet on the Move” in Jowai come true?
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know