Kangaroo tribunals: Foreigners’ Tribunals almost another arm of BJP government in Assam
By Indian Express 08-Oct-2019
- The Supreme Court’s taking of strong exception to BJP leader and UP cooperative minister Mukut Bihari Verma’s purported statement.
- Previously he said that the “Supreme Court is ours” and the judgment in the Babri case will be in favour of Hindus.
- Foreigners’ Tribunals (FT) in Assam have been working in the most partisan manner.
- The court was shocked at some of the details of the 282 cases dealt with by the FT: 17 persons on a note sheet were declared Indian citizens, but the order declared them foreigner.
- Foreigners’ Tribunals were established under The Foreigners’ Act,1946, that is, a pre-Constitution and colonial legislation that was meant to deal with foreigners rather than citizens.
ALSO READ: Assam BJP chief denies from any possibility of abrogating Article 371
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know