Meghalaya inks deal with cement firm for buying plastic for fuel
By The Hindu 02-Oct-2019
- The Meghalaya government has signed an agreement with a major cement firm for buying plastic waste to be used as fuel instead of coal for producing clinkers.
- CM Conrad K. Sangma made this announcement during an official programme to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- "It will be a process very much within the control limits of the pollution board,” Mr Sangma said.
- Officials said the government would have a similar agreement with the other cement companies if they agree to buy plastic waste.
- The Chief Minister said his government wanted Meghalaya to be plastic-free by 2022 when the State will host the National Games.
ALSO READ: Meghalaya to Enforce Residents Safety Act Vigorously to Check Illegal Immigratio
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know