Poor participation in Electors Verification Programme(EVP) of Karnataka
By The Hindu 30-Sep-2019
- Nearly a month after it was launched, hardly 0.5% of the State’s total electorate has participated in the EVP.
- EC had announced the EVP from September 1, and house-to-house verification from September 1 to 30 was expected.
- Under this voters could verify and authenticate their existing details on the electoral rolls and get their names included, deleted or corrected.
ALSO READ: New excise policy from October 1, says Minister
- Booth-level officers (BLOs) were supposed to take up a house-to-house verification to authenticate and verify information, are hardly visiting the houses.
- The verification process would go on till October 15 and people could file claims till November 30, final electoral rolls would be published on January 8.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know