New excise policy from October 1, says Minister
By Thehindu 29-Sep-2019
- K. Narayana Swamy has announced that the new excise policy will come into effect on October 1, paving the way for sale of liquor by the APBCL through 3,500 designated outlets from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The government has set up 31 inter-State check-posts, 18 mobile patrolling parties, CCTV cameras and night watchmen for keeping a watch on the shops.
- “The pricing mechanism in other States is being studied to find a way to discourage liquor consumption,” Mr. Narayana Swamy told the media here on Saturday.
- He said the shops were taken on rent and 3,500 supervisors and 8,033 salesmen were appointed. During the TDP regime, there were 4,380 shops, and each one of them had 10 belt shops.
- The government, besides closing down the belt shops, booked cases on 2,872 persons for operating them.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know