CM encourages women weavers to contribute in Indian Economy
Also Read: "Every Single Illegal Immigrant Will Be Thrown Out": Amit Shah In Assam
- Chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal said that women weavers of Assam have to play an important role in the growth of Indian economy.
- Inaugurating a handloom cluster project at Lejai in Dibrugah district, CM said that weavers of Assam are superior to their counterparts in other parts of the country and can contribute to much scale.
- He also said that using latest mode of science and technology, the output of the wavers of Assam will have to be enhanced.
- Putting example of Mahatma Gandhi he said that Gandhiji once stated that weavers of Assam weave dreams in their looms is the testimony of the superiority of handloom and textile in Assam.
- It may be noted that government is ready to set up Handloom Cluster development center involving worth Rs 15.34 crore in Sivasagar, Jorhat, Tinsukia, Golaghat and Lakhimpur.