Governor launches 150 new craft souvenirs of Manipur
- Governor Dr.Najma Heptulla launched 150 New Craft Souvenirs of Manipur designed under MEETAC at Darbar Hall, Raj Bhavan, Imphal, today.
- Governor said that there is no match for the rich arts and culture of the State and is yet to get its due recognition in the global scenario.
- The launching ceremony of Innovative Crafts Souvenirs of Manipur, Craft Map of Manipur and MEETAC Website was organized by Mission for Economic Empowerment of Traditional Artisans & Craftsmen (MEETAC) in collaboration with National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad.
- Chief Guest of the ceremony, Governor Dr.Najma Heptulla said that the launching of the 'Innovative Craft Souvenirs of Manipur', Craft Map of Manipur and Mission for Economic Empowerment of Traditional Artisans & Craftsmen (MEETAC) Website will help the artisans and craftsmen to expand their existing range of products by utilizing local resources and skills.
- It will be instrumental in creating a brand for Manipur and in turn for MEETAC, under whose name these Souvenirs would be marketed.