India is Moving From a Democracy to a Dictatorship: Derek O Brien
- On Wednesday, TMC MP Derek O'Brien delivered an intense speech on the controversial CAB, warning that the country was "moving from a democracy to a dictatorship".
- Derek O Brien said, "I want to go back 84 years to two laws passed in Nazi Germany... laws that have an eerie similarity to laws passed today".
- He further said, "In 1935 there were citizenship laws to protect people with German blood... today we have a faulty bill (referring to the CAB) that wants to define who true Indian citizens are."
Also Read: TMC Members Stage a Dharna Against the Governor
- Let us tell you that the CAB was cleared by the Lok Sabha late at night on Monday after nearly 12 hours of discussion.
- The bill was cleared with 311 votes in support and 80 votes in against.