Gujarat HC issues notices to self-styled godman, State Govt on ‘detention’ of two women
By Dailypioneer 21-Nov-2019
- The Gujarat High Court issued notices to self-styled godman Swami Nithyananda and the State Government on a plea filed by a man seeking custody of his two daughters “detained” at an ashram run here by the controversial guru.
- A division bench of justices SR Brahmbhatt and VP Patel issued notices to the respondents, including the State Government, DGP, police officers concerned as well as Nithyananda and the co-ordinator of Ahmedabad-based ashram.
- The petitioner, Janardhana Sharma, alleged that officials of the ashram — Yogini Sarvagyapeetham — were not allowing him and his wife to meet their two daughters staying there.
- Sharma said the police recently managed to rescue their two other daughters, both minors, lodged in the same ashram.
- While police rescued his minor daughters, his two elder daughters — Lopamudra (21) and Nandhitha Sharma (18) — were still under “detention” at the ashram and not being allowed to meet their parents, Sharma has said in his “habeas corpus” petition.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know