Meghalaya CM meets Amit Shah on CAB, 6th Schedule
By North-east 17-Nov-2019
- Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma met union home minister Amit Shah in New Delhi and discussed with him some issues including the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB).
- During his meeting with the union home minister, chief minister Conrad Sangma was accompanied by deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong.
- The bill has been listed to be tabled in the upcoming winter session of Parliament which will commence on Monday.
- The Central government is likely to push for passage of the CAB that seeks to grant Indian citizenship to non-Muslim migrants from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.
- The BJP-led NDA government introduced the bill in its previous tenure.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know