Tamil Nadu to celebrate state formation day on Nov 1
By Hindustantimes 01-Nov-2019
- For the first time in six decades since the Linguistic Reorganisation of States in 1956, Tamil Nadu state formation day will be celebrated on November 1.
- State government has organised various cultural events to mark the occasion.
- The demand to rechristen the state as Tamil Nadu was spearheaded by Tamil scholar and Gandhian, K Sankaralinganar, who died after a 75-day indefinite fast in October 1956.
- Annadurai, who assumed power in 1967, ensured the passage of the bill in the state assembly and secured parliamentary nod for the same.
- Successive DMK and AIADMK governments did not celebrate the state formation day as Tamil Nadu was the successor state of Madras Presidency under the British.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know