Now Congress should campaign on NYAY
- Before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the Congress party felt India needed a universal basic income of sorts. Its plan was called NYAY, the Nyunatam Aay Yojana.
- NYAY failed to win votes for the Congress because it was launched with a very poor campaign.
- But if if undertaken today, there will be many benefits of a NYAY campaign.
Also Read: More Muslims got govt scholarships under Modi govt than during Congress-led UPA-2
- It will help the opposition set the agenda and will give the opposition a cause.
- It will help restore the opposition’s credibility and will counter-polarisation against Hindutva.