More Muslims got govt scholarships under Modi govt than during Congress-led UPA-2
By ThePrint 21-Oct-2019
- As many as 20 lakh more minority students received education scholarships under the Modi government’s first term than during the tenure of the second Congress-led UPA administration.
- While 3.14 crore minority students secured government scholarships between 2014 and 2019, wheras 2.94 crore students got scholarship under Manmohan Singh government.
- The central government spent Rs 8,715.4 crore on education scholarships between 2014 and 2019, against Rs 5,360.4 crore from 2009-2014.
Also read: Poll din ends in Jalalabad, jobs major issue for voters
- Students from Classes 1 to 10 who have secured at least 50 per cent in the previous final examination and whose parents’ annual income does not exceed Rs 1 lakh are eligible for the pre-matric scheme.
- Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, 'We made the entire scholarship application process 100% online, which made the process easier and ensured that the leakages end.'
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know