BJP Yet to Transfer Ownership of Ballari Land to Jindal Streel
- BJP is yet to revoke the previous government’s decision to transfer ownership of several acres of land in the Ballari district to Jindal Steel.
- While the representatives of the steel company have submitted a fresh request to the BS Yediyurappa government to implement the deal.
- Gaurav Gupta, principal secretary, industries department said that there is no change in the state's stand and a decision has to be taken at the government level.
Also Read: 27 Legislators of JD(S) Issues Notice to Party
- Earlier the Congress-JD(S) govt decided to execute a sale deed to Jindal Steel in Ballari district, the BJP had taken to the streets opposing the decision.
- Yediyurappa who at that time was the leader of the opposition had even sat on a day-night dharna for 3 days in June, demanding the government withdraw the decision.