Meghalaya Governor Takes a Dig at Abhijit Banerjee
- Meghalaya Governor Tathagata Roy, who has stirred controversy in the past with his comments, has criticised Nobel Prize winner Abhijit Banerjee for conceptualising the NYAY scheme of the Congress.
- At the same time Roy in his tweets said he was proud of the achievements of Banerjee.
- NYAY is a minimum income guarantee scheme of the Congress and was conceptualised before the Lok Sabha polls in 2019 and made a prominent election plank.
- There was no indication from where the finances would come from, that is all I wanted to say, he added.
- Roy had courted controversy with his statements against the Trianmool Congress government in West Bengal and on other issues, including on Rohingyas and Kashmir,
Also Read: MDA is in complete disarray, says Mukul Sangma Staff Correspondent