Panel completes discussion with stakeholders on RIIN
By Money Control 17-Oct-2019
- A Commission constituted by the Nagaland Government to frame modalities of creating a Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN)
- The three-member Commission had already interacted with Naga tribal bodies, civil societies, and non-Naga communities for the purpose.
- The state government on June 29 had issued an order to create RIIN while the Commission was established on July 27 to frame the modalities and submit its report to the government within three months.
- The RIIN would provide protection to genuine citizens who are permanent settlers of Nagaland and non-Nagas will not be harassed during the preparation of the list of indigenous citizens, Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio had said.
- According to the June 29 government notification, the RIIN will help identify the citizens who settled in Nagaland prior to December 1, 1963, the day it became a full-fledged state.
Also Read: Kohima meet seeks to break deadlock in Naga peace talk
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know