Review withdrawal of scholarships for SC/ST students, Madras HC suggests to Centre, TN govt.
By The Hindu 16-Oct-2019
- The Madras HC made a suggestion to the Centre as well as the State government to reconsider their decision to withdraw grant of post-matric scholarship to SC and ST students.
- A Division Bench of Justices could revisit its decision to stop such scholarship for management quota students.
- The judges agreed with senior counsel K. Doraisami and V.T. Gopalan, representing a batch of writ petitioners that at times SC/ST students might take up management quota seats.
- Authoring the verdict, the senior judge in the Bench wrote: “The Constitution of India also guarantees social upliftment of persons belonging to SC/ST communities."
- Despite dismissing the batch of writ petitions the judges left it to the Centre to reconsider its decision within 12 weeks.
ALSO READ: CM Palaniswami to Receive an honorary doctorate From Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know