FIR against ex-Tripura minister Badal Choudhury in Rs 600-crore PWD scam
By Indian Express 14-Oct-2019
- The Tripura Police Crime Branch Sunday registered an FIR against former PWD minister Badal Choudhury over alleged irregularities in works amounting to Rs 600 crore carried out between 2008 and 2009.
- Officer says we shall investigate all aspects of this FIR, considering it as a criminal case. We can’t comment any further at this stage.
- They have been charged with 409, 429, 201 and section 13 of Prevention of Corruption Act, the officer said.
- The FIR was filed after gathering observations from the PWD and a vigilance enquiry on the former minister.
- Vital documents pertaining to the whole process went missing from the department previously, following which the Public Works Department (PWD) lodged a theft case as well.
Also Read: PAC nudges Nagaland govt: ChecTripura government to construct 2200 flats
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know