‘Single-use plastic ban is a temporary restriction’
By Navhindtimes 18-Oct-2019
- Indicating that the statewide ban imposed by the government on single-use plastic from October 2 is a temporary restriction to control generation of plastic waste in Goa.
- Minister for Waste Management Michael Lobo on Friday said the one-time (single-use) plastic is banned in the state for “certain period of time”, till people realise that less than 50 microns plastic bags are hazardous.
- “Plastic is very important in our day-to-day life, we cannot do without it,” Lobo stated, pointing out that plastic cannot go out of our lives.
- “Plastic is an environmental hazard and we need to see how we can reuse it, recycle it in a systematic way and scientific manner, without disturbing the environment,” he noted.
- Lobo also said the solid waste management facility, located in Calangute constituency receives segregated waste from 27 village panchayats for disposal.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know