Arunachal NGO seeks ‘one man, one wife’ policy to end polygamy
By Thehindu 12-Oct-2019
- A women’s organisation in Arunachal Pradesh has sought a ‘one man, one wife’ policy for ending polygamy among resourceful tribal people in the State.
- The Arunachal Pradesh Women’s Welfare Society has also suggested the implementation of the Central Civil Services Rules in the State to stop polygamy and adultery by government employees, besides denial of tickets to men with “multiple wives” for rural and Assembly elections.
- The organisation’s outgoing president Dipti Bengia Tadar said that rich and well-qualified officers in the State had been indulging in polygamy, causing distress to many tribal families.
- The State women’s commission has demanded compulsory registration of marriages towards stopping polygamy and cases of domestic violence against women in Arunachal Pradesh.
असम ने अरुणाचल में रणनीतिक सुबनसिरी पनबिजली परियोजना के लिए प्रयास तेज कर दिए हैं
- Ms. Techi and other members of the commission in June met Chief Minister Pema Khandu to apprise him of “hundreds of cases related to marriage” that the commission deals with.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know