Public issues take a back seat in battle for Jalalabad
By Thetribune 11-Oct-2019
- Stakes are high in the SAD stronghold Jalalabad Assembly constituency as Akalis are vying to retain it, but the Congress is leaving no stone unturned to wrestle the segment from its arch-rival. Amid mudslinging, residents feel that the local issues have been put on the back burner by political leaders.
- The Sukhbir’’s bastion is dotted with posters of Congress candidate Raminder Singh Awla, which indicates that locals are set to witness a fierce electoral battle.
- During the last three elections, Sukhbir Badal won the seat with huge margins, but the situation is different this time as it is not going to be a cakewalk for the SAD after a change of the guard.
- The byelection was necessitated as Sukhbir resigned after being elected as Ferozepur MP.
- In an attempt to retain his stronghold, Sukhbir has fielded his protégé Raj Singh Dibbipura since he has declared to contest the seat in 2022.
- The Congress has fielded Raminder Singh Awla, who hails from the adjacent Guruharsahai, to quell infighting at the local level.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know