‘Ex-judge’s plaint maintainable’
By Thetribune 01-Oct-2019
- Just about seven months after Justice Ranjit Singh accused SAD chief Sukhbir Badal and MLA Bikram Singh Majithia of bringing to disrepute the sacrilege commission headed by him, his counsel today submitted that the complaint filed by the former Judge was maintainable before the High Court.
- The assertion by senior advocate APS Deol on Justice Ranjit Singh’s behalf came in response to arguments by Majithia’s counsel that the complaint before the HC under the provisions of the Commissions of Inquiry Act could have been filed only by a member or chairman of a commission.
- But Justice Ranjit Singh had ceased to be a commission member when he filed the complaint.
- Senior advocate Puneet Bali’s arguments all along have been that the commission ceased to function on August 31, 2018.
- But the complaint was filed in January this year.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know