Desertion Blues: NCP, Congress to field new faces
Also Read :Maharashtra Assembly polls: NCP Supremo Sharad Pawar fights lonely battle for survival
- Undeterred by the defection of its leaders to BJP and Shiv Sena, the Congress and NCP are putting up a brave front saying that deserters will be put in their place by the voters on October 21.
- Both parties have already shortlisted new faces, especially youngsters, and some senior leaders who are to be fielded against those who joined the BJP and Shiv Sena.
- NCP in particular is not averse to fielding leaders who left BJP to join it.
- NCP is set to renominate sitting legislator Dattatray Bharne in Indapur constituency, which is a part of the Baramati Lok Sabha seat against former Congress minister Harshvardhan Patil who has joined the BJP.
- Pawar has already announced the candidature of Sandeep Kshirsagar against his uncle and former NCP minister Jaidutt Kshirsagar in Beed.