Objective of NRC seems to have lost: United Against Hate
By NorthEast Now 19-Sep-2019
- A fact-finding team of United Against Hate (UAH), a civil society group, which recently visited Assam after the publication of the final NRC, found that the objective of NRC seems to have lost.
- The objective of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), which is the culmination of Assam Movement and 1985 Accord, was to identify illegal migrants after partition and mainly after creation of Bangladesh and to remove the stigma of being labelled as ‘foreigner’ among a section of society.
- But as per the fact-finding team of UAH the final NRC resulted in a divided and scared society.
- The UAH team comprised Prashant Tondon, veteran journalist & news broadcast editor; Nadeem Khan, democratic right activist (UAH); Sanjay Kumar, journalist covering national & international politics with focus on South Asia and Afroz Alam Sahil, journalist, who writes for BBC and India Times.
- The final NRC was published on August 31, 2019 with inclusion of 3,11,21,004 persons while names of 19,06,657 persons were excluded.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know