Amit Shah’s comment on CAB(Citizenship Amendment Bill) sparks opposition in Assam
By Hindustan Times 11-Sep-2019
- During his two-day visit to Assam Amit Shah’s comment on CAB has sparked fresh opposition in the state against the controversial legislation.
- While fourth conclave of North East Democratic Alliance Shah had indicated that the Centre plans to enact the bill.
- The newly formed legislation provide new terms of citizenship for Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Parsis from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Over it general secretary of All Assam Students Union (AASU) said, “Shah’s comment on reintroducing CAB in Parliament is not acceptable to us."
- Adding to anxieties is the BJP’s commitment to re-introduce the CAB in Parliament, detractors fear the bill could alter the demography of the Northeast.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know