Kamat urges govt not to sell GIDC land
ALSO READ Govt to take over Sonsoddo plant: CM
- Leader of Opposition Digambar Kamat has urged the government not to auction the land for making ‘illegal’ SEZ payments.
- In a press statement, Kamat said, "I urge immediate intervention of CM Pramod Sawant to stop this misdeed.
- I had raised this issue in the Assembly.
- The government has pushed Goa into debt trap of Rs 123 crore by making illegal interest payment to the SEZ promoters.
- The Industries Minister had categorically admitted in the Assembly that there is no provision to pay interest to the promoters in the Act," he said.