Gujarat High Court grills education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama in poll victory case
By Dna 13-Sep-2019
- The deposition of education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama in connection with the election petition filed by Congress leader Ashwin Rathod against his Assembly poll victory continued on Thursday with the Gujarat High Court posing several questions to the minister.
- The court showed the CCTV footage of the counting day and asked the minister to identify a person whose movement was found suspicious during the counting of the votes. Chudasama clarified that the man is his 'additional private secretary Mr Mehta'.
- In the footage, the man was spotted wearing a black pant and white shirt, with a thick black moustache and spectacles, and without any identity card around his neck, when he enters the frame.
- Thereafter, he is seen exchanging pleasantries with someone, stand behind the returning officer's table, ask for his ID card lanyard, put it around his neck (without any ID card) and with the bottom in his shirt pocket to pretend that he possess the ID card. He then stood with returning officer Dhaval Jani.
- Meanwhile, the court also questioned Chudasama to clarify a paragraph of the affidavit submitted by him where he claimed that even if Rathod would have got all the 429 votes in his favour, he would not have won.
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know