Pema Khandu stresses on the development of Horticulture in Arunachal Pradesh
The Northeast Today
- Pema Khandu addresses the students and faculty of the College of Horticulture and Forestry, Pasighat, to give the potential push to the horticulture sector in Arunachal Pradesh.
- He urged horticulture college to evolve methods benefit the farmers by spreading its technical expertise beyond the walls of the college campus.
- He informed that only about 3% of the 25 lakh hectares of arable land are under use at present.
- He also informed that the state government has started the Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojna to benefit agri-horti farmers, which is in line with the Prime Minister’s campaign to double the income of farmers in the next couple of years.
- He also informed about the opening of a Mega Food Park near the state capital for supporting horticulture.
ALSO READ: Arunachal Pradesh to Develop Power Sector with Focus on Clean Energy