Odisha CM decides to remove Biju Patnaik’s samadhi
By Hindustantimes 04-Nov-2019
- Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik has decided to remove a samadhi (memorial) of his father and former chief minister Biju Patnaik from Puri.
- Biju Janata Dal MP Pinaki Misra said Patnaik decided to dismantle the samadhi to give a boost to the ongoing beautification drive in Puri.
- The samadhi, built in 1997, took a large area of Swargadwar crematorium in Puri.
- “Instead of an entire memorial, there will just a plaque mentioning Biju babu’s name in Swargadwar,” said BJD Rajya Sabha MP Amar Patnaik, a close aide of Naveen.
- Naveen reportedly told the meeting that there is no need for a memorial as “Biju continues to live in the heart of Odiyas”.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know