NCRB adds ‘insult’ to crimes against Dalits
By ThePrint 25-Oct-2019
- The latest National Crime Records Bureau report on 2017 data recognises variety of crimes committed against Dalits and recently it includes 'insults' in its crime category.
- The much-debated Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 explains the concept of insult and social ostracism in a detailed manner.
- Daily insults, conscious or unconscious, cause a deep scar that most in the SC/ST community have to continuously carry.
Also Read: Congress dissolves its Gujarat unit, but asks state party president Amit Chavda to continue
- This inclusion of ‘insult’ as a category was deliberately ignored by the Indian mainstream commentariat on the expected lines.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs deserves to be applauded because this monumental change will have far-reaching implications in Dalit studies.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know