EVM glitches at Maharashtra polling booths, Congress complains to EC
- The Congress approached election officials to complain about the slow functioning of electronic voting machines (EVMs) at booths across the state.
- Avinash Pande, the Congress war room in-charge here, brought the issues to the notice of returning officers, district election officers and chief electoral officer (CEO) Baldev Singh.
- He said EVMs were not working for a long time at 321 booths across the state and there was a delay in confirmation of vote.
- The worst delays were reported from Nanded, home district of former chief minister Ashok Chavan.
- In Naxal-affected Gadchiroli district, it was found that EVMs at some booths were non-functional for more than two hours.
Also Read: Classic battle between two heavyweights will be watched closely in Western Maharashtra