Classic battle between two heavyweights will be watched closely in Western Maharashtra
- In western Maharashtra, one of the most prosperous regions of the state, the poll battle will be closely watched for several reasons.
- NCP president Sharad Pawar has been aggressively campaigning throughout the state after his leaders from western Maharashtra were poached and inducted in BJP by Devendra Fadnavis.
- It is a classic battle between the two Chanakyas of Maharashtra politics. And the battleground is undoubtedly western Maharashtra.
- It holds key to 70 of the 288 seats in the Maharashtra assembly. The region is home to sugar barons and cooperative sector champions.
- Other important names are Ajit Pawar from Baramati, Sharad Pawar’s grandnephew Rohit Pawar from Karjat-Jamkhed, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil from Nagar and Balasaheb Thorat from Nagar.
Also Read: BJP wants to do an Amethi in Baramati but doesn’t have a Smriti Irani to defeat Pawar clan