What Sonia's Congress can learn from Indira and Manmohan on Savarkar
- The most intriguing thing about the latest Bharat Ratna-for-Savarkar controversy is how it has left the Congress with its knickers, khaki or not, in a twist.
- Just a day after Manmohan Singh’s cautious but more sensible statement, the party was also trying desperately to distance itself from it.
- A non-career politician like Manmohan Singh understands it. It is just that his party never listened to him.
Also Read: K Palaniswami Will be AIADMK CM Candidate in 2021 Election
- It needs to learn from Indira Gandhi who issued commemorative postage stamp to honour him in 1970.
- The fact is, Indira Gandhi was much more political than ideological than her legatees.