Manipur: Why Tangkhul Nagas are protesting the commemoration of the ‘Anglo-Kuki War’
By Scroll 15-Oct-2019
- The centenary commemoration of the Anglo-Kuki War, has run into trouble with Tangkhul Naga groups.
- The Tangkhul NagaLong has said the inscription was “objectionable and unacceptable” as the Kukis were not “indigenous” to Manipur.
- The Kukis and the Tangkhuls, one of the 16 major Naga tribes, have long had an antagonistic relationship.
- Large swathes of what the Kukis claim to be their homeland overlap with Greater Nagaland or Nagalim.
- On October 13, Manipur’s chief secretary wrote to the police, asking for the “objectionable memorials” to be “removed immediately”.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know