BJP shuts doors, says no place for more MLAs
- After giving a major setback to the Congress by inducting its 10 MLAs into BJP, the ruling party has closed the doors for further entry of MLAs from either parties or Independents.
- BJP Goa President Vinay Tendulkar confirmed that they are not looking at inducting more MLAs; however, several from non-political outfits are interested to join the party.
- “There is no place left for any more MLAs whether Congress or Goa Forward Party to be inducted in the party,” he said.
- Porvorim by inducting sitting Independent MLA Rohan Khaunte’s erstwhile supporter and Socorro sarpanch Sandeep Vazarkar and six panchas.
ALSO READ- Single-use plastic ban in State from today: CM
- The development comes three months after BJP-led government dropped GFP members and Khaunte from the Cabinet.