Thackeray Family Makes Electoral Debut as Shiv Sena's 'CM-face' Aaditya Set to Fight Polls from Mumbai's Worli
Also Read: Maharashtra assembly polls: Congress to drop 6 'vulnerable' MLAs; 1st list of 47 in 2 days
- Capping days of speculation, the Shiv Sena on Sunday said it has decided to field Aaditya Thackeray, the elder son of party chief Uddhav Thackeray, from the Worli assembly constituency in Mumbai. With this, Aaditya has become the first member of the Thackeray clan ever to contest an election.
- Talking to PTI, a close aide of Sena chief said, "Aaditya Thackeray's name has been finalised for the Worli assembly segment.
- Shiv Sena's sitting MLA Sunil Shinde will vacate his place for Aaditya."
- "Worli is considered one of the safest constituencies for the Sena, hence Aaditya's candidature has been finalised. Former NCP leader Sachin Ahir had recently joined the Sena, which will make Thackeray's win easy," he said.
- Ahir had unsuccessfully contested the 2014 assembly election against Sunil Shinde.