BJD MP slaps new party member in public, apologises after Naveen Patnaik’s rebuke
Also Read: State Level Consultative Committee Meeting for FPOs under PRODUCE Fund
- Former Union minister and current Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MP Chandra Shekhar Sahu stoked a controversy on Wednesday after a video clip of him slapping a former Congress worker went viral on social media.
- Sahu, who was a Union minister in the first term of Manmohan Singh government, was seen slapping Sangram Sahu, a former Youth Congress president of Odisha’s Gajapati district during his induction into the BJD at a ceremony in Paralakhemundi town on Tuesday.
- Around 1,000 leaders and workers from Congress and BJP had joined the BJD at an executive committee meeting when Sahu slapped the former Youth Congress worker.
- The MP was apparently livid over the youth Congress worker brushing aside the scarf that was put on his shoulder by party observor Purna Chandra Swain.
- As the video clip went viral, BJP leader Bhrigu Buxipatra said the BJD MP’s conduct was shameful.