Maan gets flak for ‘one nation, one language’ quip
By Thetribune 24-Sep-2019
- Punjabi singer Gurdas Maan’s endorsement to Amit Shah’s statement of ‘One nation, one language’ has triggered a storm in Punjabi-speaking people across the world.
- The singer, who once expressed isolation of Punjabi language through the beautiful song ‘Punjabiyejubane ni rakane mere desh diye phiki pai gaye chehre de nuhar ni’, is receiving flak from the same Punjabis who loved him from the core of their hearts.
- Last week during a radio show in Canada, Maan had said that there was no harm in having Hindi as one common language in the entire country.
- He said: “When we listen to Hindi music, watch films and read Hindi literature, then there is nothing wrong in accepting Hindi.” He called Punjabi the mother and Hindi the maasi.
- A couple of Sikhs held placards during his live show at Abbotsford BC Canada. However, Maan allegedly responded with profanity to one of the protesters, which triggered a storm in the social media.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know