Election Commission sets Odisha's Bijepur bypoll date on October 21
- Election Commission of India (ECI) on Saturday announced that by-poll to Bijepur Assembly constituency will be held on October 21 along with 63 other Assembly and one Lok Sabha seats.
- Announcing the by-poll schedule for the Bijepur seat, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) S Kumar said the model code of conduct has come into force in Bargarh district.
Also Read: Spirit of odisha lies in its cottages: Odisha Governor Ganeshi Lal
- By-election to the constituency was necessitated after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik vacated the seat and retained Hinjili in Ganjam district.
- He had won from both seats in 2019 elections. The CEO said notification for the by-election will be issued on September 23.
- The last date for filing nomination papers is September 30 while scrutiny of nomination papers will be held on October 1.