The multitudes dispossessed by the ‘Gujarat model’
यह भी पढ़ें: सीएम विजय रूपाणी बोले, मंदी एक हवा है
- The Gujarat government has filled up the Sardar Sarovar this year, flooding the Narmada. In Madhya Pradesh alone, reportedly, more than 28,000 families still live in the submergence zone.
- They have not been given due rehabilitation or compensation.
- The Gujarat and Union governments are going ahead with this forced mass displacement of communities.
- In another, two childhood friends are seen consoling each other as they watch the only place they’ve called ‘home’ go under water.
- There are thousands of such scenes along the Narmada. Crops grown over the season have been destroyed and around 13,500 hectares of forests are being drowned by this developmental mayhem.