The multitudes dispossessed by the ‘Gujarat model’
By Thehindu 20-Sep-2019
- The Gujarat government has filled up the Sardar Sarovar this year, flooding the Narmada. In Madhya Pradesh alone, reportedly, more than 28,000 families still live in the submergence zone.
- They have not been given due rehabilitation or compensation.
- The Gujarat and Union governments are going ahead with this forced mass displacement of communities.
- In another, two childhood friends are seen consoling each other as they watch the only place they’ve called ‘home’ go under water.
- There are thousands of such scenes along the Narmada. Crops grown over the season have been destroyed and around 13,500 hectares of forests are being drowned by this developmental mayhem.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know